Thursday, March 20, 2008

Adventure Game Studio















(Above: An attempt to re create my room at my parents house when I was 15. Complete with Pentium III computer!!!)
Adventure Game Studio (AGS) is a free game making program that allows you to create games in the style similar to classic Sierra and Lucasarts early 90's adventure games. However you are not limited to making adventure games, it has a powerful scripting engine based on the C language. The game interface is fully customizable though set to Sierra interface by default. It supports classic resolutions Sierra and Lucasarts used 320x200 and up to 800x600. Version 3.0 Added hardware support. Some of the scripting is difficult but there is a nice community in the forums that can help you answer any question you have.

I have yet to finish my first full game but as a fan of adventure games who grew up in the 90's, I can't wait to make my dream a reality.


A simple script I added for looking at objects. The scripts are easy to use, you just click which one you want. You have to know the syntax though but you can easily find whatever you need to know on the forum.



Download it here

No comments: